Buy prepaid visa cards and read about prepaid visa cards.
What is a Prepaid Visa Card?
Prepaid Visa card is a card that does not itself issue credit or debit cards but partners with financial institutions that issue cards. Prepaid Visa Virtual Credit card bears the Visa symbol.
Visa’s journey begins in 1958 and it was established by Bank of America who launched the first consumer credit card program for middle-class consumers and small to medium-sized merchants in the U.S. It took quite a short time for the company to grow and the company expanded internationally in 1974.
In 1975, it introduced the debit card. Regional businesses worldwide were merged to form Visa Inc. in 2007 and the company went public in one of the largest IPOs in history in 2008. Visa also completed the acquisition of Visa Europe in 2016.
With more than 200 countries and territories with products and services available on any device such as cards, laptops, tablets and mobile devices visa simply is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone, everywhere.
Read More: Buy Google Ads Accounts with Good Balance
The uses of Prepaid Visa Card
A Prepaid Visa Virtual Credit Card is used to obtain goods, services, or cash from a Visa merchant or acquirer and have the transaction processed through its network. A Visa Prepaid Card is a major brand of card which is issued by Visa in many countries around the world.
In many countries, the Visa card functionality is often incorporated on the same plastic card which allows access to ATM and any domestic networks like EFTPOS or Interac. Visa debit card works better than cash.
Visa cards are issued by your bank or other financial institution which use funds directly from your bank account. This card is a card that offers quick, secure and convenient access to your money in person, online, overseas, and also over the phone.
How this card does works?
Visa Debit card allows customers to use the same card to make both their credit and debit purchases in the US. Actually, in stores for purchasing you need to just swipe out your visa card during checkout.
To use your Prepaid Visa Card online, select the items or services you want to purchase and go to check out. During checkout, enter your debit card information which is 16-digit card number, expiration date, and CVV code.
You need to also make sure that you have used the correct billing address for your visa card.
Advantages of Prepaid Visa Card
- For Visa cardholders, Cardholder Inquiry Service provides customer phone support for general inquiries and provides product or service information.
- Provided by Visa Global Customer Care Services, Visa offers 24-hour cardholder information and assistance by phone to all Visa cardholders calling from anywhere in the world.
- Visa will block your card when the card number is known and connect you with your financial institution or Bank. After bank approval, cardholders can also get an emergency card replacement within one to three business days. There is another option that Visa can arrange for cash to be available at a location near you usually within hours of your bank’s approval.
- Visa Card also has the facility of receiving auto coverage for damage due to collision or theft.
- Visa’s Zero Liability Policy protects you from unauthorized charges if your card is lost or stolen. Whether the purchases occurred online or in person, you are 100% protected.
- With Continuous fraud monitoring service, Visa monitors activity on your card around the clock to help detect suspicious activity.
- For Visa cardholder, you have access to Roadside Dispatch which is a pay-per-use roadside assistance program.
- Your card includes a 3-digit security code which is to verify your identity for phone or online purchases.
- You can Call anytime for Travel or Emergency Assistance, available for covered Visa cardholders from anywhere in the world.
- With the help of Prepaid Visa Card you can get a detailed yearly report of your card spending to simplify budgeting and financial planning.
Disadvantages of Prepaid Visa Card
- If you carry a balance from month-to-month, you will need to pay a heavy interest charge. Purchase and cash advance interest rates can be as high as 22% APR. For that, you can end up paying hundreds or thousands more than you initially charged in interest if each month you are unable to make repayments.
- If you Miss Visa card repayments and ongoing debts that are recorded on your credit file, it can impact your chances of getting a loan down the track.
- There is a range of fraud schemes that target Visa cards. You may be compensated for illegal transactions on your account but dealing with credit card fraud can still be a time-consuming and painful experience.
- Businesses often apply a surcharge when you pay with a Visa card. For Visa card, this fee is usually 0.5–2% of the total transaction cost. This is an extra cost for the convenience of paying with plastic.
- It is very expensive to use your visa card to get cash out or make other ‘cash equivalent’ transactions, such as buying foreign currency or gambling because financial institutions make it. A cash advance fee worth around 3% of the total transaction amount and also typically attracts an interest rate of 19–22% right away for a cash withdrawal.